About Me

My photo
U23 cyclist riding for Awol O'Shea, supported by Pedal Potential and Loughborough Cycling Academy.

Tuesday 29 June 2021

June Update

 This month has been quiet on the racing front. I’ve just been trying to get the training hours up and my back right. As well as completing my second year of University exams. 

I was meant to do Cicle Classic last Sunday, however a few days before the race the physio rang and said that if I’m needing to take pain killers to race and struggling to get the power out I shouldn’t be racing. It was pretty tough to see the race going ahead as it was the first Women’s National since 2019, however I enjoyed helping out the team in the feed zone and supporting my brother! Afterwards I realised it probably would make me feel worse racing it as I knew I wouldn’t perform to my best and would just be a case of me pushing through pain and surviving. 

Since then I’ve had a bike fit at Sigma sports which has been a huge step forwards and a bit of a relief. It was found it was the lack of support in my pelvis and feet is what’s causing the back issues, as well as the leg discrepancy. I’ve now got shims under my cleats and a new saddle which is giving more a lot more support so I’m feeling super optimistic that the many months of pain have started to become resolved, it’s definitely not going to be better over night but there’s been a huge improvement!  

Tomorrow I’m going to be racing Otley, it’s likely to be a bit of a baptism of fire as I haven’t raced in a month but I’m so excited to be back at one of my favourite races. Then on Sunday I’m off to Belgium for a Lotto cup so the race calendar is starting to look very busy providing all goes well with the back! My aim at the moment is just to get some races under the belt. 

Again, I would like to thank Pedal Potential, Loughborough sport and AWOL O’Shea for their support over a rocky month on the bike. I’m hoping things are going to look up from here!

Liv 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Updates

 This month has been quite a busy one! I started the month of with a week of chilling and training at home after coming back from Kreiz Brei...