About Me

My photo
U23 cyclist riding for Awol O'Shea, supported by Pedal Potential and Loughborough Cycling Academy.

Thursday 27 February 2020

2020 race season and winter training

It's getting to that time of year where it never seems to stop raining, the wind is relentless and all you want is some sunshine.....

Since moving to the Midlands in October my experience of winter cycling conditions have been nowhere near as bad as previous winters in the North. It is however, still a tough time of year to get through my schedule of training. Becoming a student at Loughborough University has provided access to plenty of group rides, the opportunity to ride new roads and establish new cycling friendships. This has made my recent cycling journey a whole lot more interesting.

I now have more hours available to train on the road compared to previous years and I have had lots of guidance within the gym which has really made a difference on the bike. Admittedly I have been enjoying going out and living a bit of the student life but I feel it's good to have a balance to take your mind off training every now and again. Living in halls and general University life has taken it's toll. I have suffered with illness on and off, but I guess It's just one of those things you have to just get through in first year!

With the 2020 race season now lurking round the corner, I now need to finalise my race calendar. Although officially the National road series dates have not been announced, I do have an idea of what the season will look like. My main focus will be the National road series where I aim to better my results from last season and I have one race in the Netherlands confirmed in April. I will also be competing in BUCS cycling events. I've been fortunate enough to be provided with a TT bike this year from the University so I'm looking forward to getting stuck into some TTs now I have a proper bike, although admittedly I am yet to look into TT events this season...….

I am very grateful for the support Pedal Potential, Loughborough performance squad and Team Jadan cyclespace are providing this year. With the race season less than a month away, I'm looking forward to getting back into competing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

August Updates

 This month has been quite a busy one! I started the month of with a week of chilling and training at home after coming back from Kreiz Brei...